On the first day of Blogmas I asked on Twitter if people would be interested in reading/taking part in a Would You Rather…? Christmas Tag, and the answer was an overwhelming YES! So I am very excited to be creating my own tag for the first time and to read all your answers.
Here are the rules of the tag:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Add a link to the original post (this.)
- Answer the 5 Would You Rather questions written by the blogger who tagged you, then list 5 ( or more!) of your own.
- Tag your favourite bloggers nominating them to answer your questions, and let them know in a comment on their latest post.
- Have fun!
Here are my questions!
- Would you rather…have your Christmas decorations up all year round, or never?
- Would you rather…buy small presents for everyone in your family, or do a bigger budget Secret Santa?
- Would you rather…your pet toppled the Christmas tree, or ate the Christmas dinner?
- Would you rather…spend Christmas at home, or take your family to a 5*, all inclusive beach resort for the holiday?
- Would you rather…find Santa passed out drunk on your sofa, or Rudolf taking a nap in your garden?
Since this is the first post of this tag, I am going to answer my own questions, plus 3 questions from the lovely Reading with Jessica!
1.Would you rather have your Christmas decorations up all year round, or never?
Probably never, to be honest (bah humbug.) I love Christmas decorations but since they are up absolutely everywhere, I don’t think there’s a particular need to have them in my own house! I also have to say, I do think early November is too early to start decorating – take note, city councils and shops of the UK.
2. Would you rather buy small presents for everyone in your family, or do a bigger budget Secret Santa?
Definitely buy small presents! I love Christmas shopping and if they are only small things, I don’t mind buying lots and lots. Even if it costs a bit, it’s only once a year! Secret Santa is a great idea for coworkers and even friends but I want to spoil every member of my family at Christmas.
3. Would you rather your pet toppled the Christmas tree, or ate the Christmas dinner?
I think there’s a pretty big risk that my parents’ dog will do both this year, but if he has to do one, I’d rather he toppled the Christmas tree (as long as it doesn’t squash anybody.) I think Christmas dinner takes a lot more effort and honestly, it’s probably the best meal of the year, so there’s no way I’d sacrifice that.
4. Would you rather spend Christmas at home, or take your family to a 5*, all inclusive beach resort for the holiday?
Definitely at home. I can’t imagine spending Christmas anywhere else, and it wouldn’t be the same if it was hot and sunny! In my opinion, beaches are best left for summer.
5. Would you rather find Santa passed out drunk on your sofa, or Rudolf taking a nap in your garden?
Rudolf taking a nap! How cute would that be? I would bring him inside where its’s warm though, no wonder he’s exhausted from all that flying.
Now, onto Jessica’s 3 questions:
6. Would you rather make gingerbread cookies or make a gingerbread house?
Gingerbread cookies! I do normally make a gingerbread house and I love doing it, but I prefer eating gingerbread cookies and they are much easier to share. I would still decorate them, though!
7. Would you rather listen to Christmas music all year or not at all?
Unlike the decoration thing, I would choose to listen to Christmas music all year (as long as I can listen to other music, too!) I know people get annoyed when it starts coming on the radio too early but I don’t care about that, there are some cracking Christmas tunes.
8. Would you rather get one big gift or several small ones?
Several small ones I think, unless there was one big thing I really, really wanted. The best things come in small packages, right? I also really like receiving the type of gifts that have a bad rep – give me all the books, socks and shower gel sets!
So, there we have it! The only thing left to do is nominate some amazing bloggers. Since this is the first post, I’m going to nominate lots of people – please don’t feel under pressure to take part, it’s just for fun!
🎄 Aesthetikey 🎄
🎄 Hello Bexa 🎄
🎄 Tabitha Dudley 🎄
🎄 CocoChlo 🎄
🎄 Sophiaaaxo 🎄
🎄 Kimberley Lane 🎄
🎄 Abby Clare 🎄
If I have not tagged you but you want to take part, feel free! Also feel free to use the title photo for your own post, or to use your own graphic or photo. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that you’ll have fun getting involved!