Hello everyone! And a very Happy New Year!
2018, the year we’ve all been waiting for, has finally arrived. I personally didn’t find 2017 as painful as 2016 (a historically awful year by anybody’s standards) but that doesn’t mean I’m any less excited to get on with the New Year. It might be a bit silly, but I love making resolutions even if I never keep them – starting afresh always feels good, or is it just me?
I’ve already posted about my intentions for this year, so I’m starting off 2018’s blogging with a little bit of reflection. I don’t plan on carrying very much over from last year into this one (New Year, New Me and all that), but I definitely found some favourites last year. These are the things, products and moments that will be staying with me for a long time to come.
1. Favourite Album: This is actually a really easy question; the only album I actually was actually waiting to buy and listen to last year is Paramore’s After Laughter. It’s a bit different to Paramore’s older music, but I actually think it’s their best album yet.
2. Favourite Movie: I don’t want to spoil this movie for any UK readers so I won’t say too much, but Coco by Pixar is the best movie I have seen in a long, long time. It will be released in the UK on the 19th of January (it was out in Mexico in November so it still counts) and I highly recommend that everybody see it. Take tissues.
3. Favourite Food: My favourite food this year has been any kind of cheesy pasta. I’m afraid I’m not really into healthy food…I would eat macaroni cheese every day if I wasn’t marginally worried about my cholesterol levels.
4. Favourite Moment: Way back in February when I moved back to Mexico, my boyfriend and his family all meeting me at the airport. After having not seen each other for 6 months, that cinematic running into each other’s arms moment was pretty special.
5. Favourite Book: I read a lot of great books last year and I hope to read a lot more this year! The book that has stuck with me most is Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu. It was a bit more YA than I usually go for but I thought the concept and storytelling was just great. I also think it’s an important book for younger girls to read, so they know not to put up with any bullshit from boys (if they don’t know already!)
6. Favourite Skincare: Now this is a hard question. If I had to pick one product that has really saved my skin this year, it’s got to be plain old Nivea Creme. My skin is so dry, especially in Winter, but after I got over the greasiness of Nivea Creme it helped me out a lot.
7. Favourite Haircare: I’ve mentioned in a previous post how much I love and adore Bed Head Urban Antidotes. I got the shampoo and conditioner set last year as a Christmas present and it’s pretty much saved my life. It’s the best hair care product range I have ever used.
8. Favourite Season: Autumn was probably my favourite season this year. I thought it would be Winter but looking back, Autumn was the time I felt most positive and motivated. I wrote a lot more than I managed to do right at the end of the year when I ended up being super busy!
9. Favourite Experience: Probably the whole experience of starting a new blog and seeing it grow. I’m more than happy with the progress I’ve made, with the help of the incredible community that I didn’t even know existed (I know I go on, but I honestly can’t sing the praises enough of other bloggers who have been so supportive.) I’m so excited to start this year with more goals and motivation for this little blog!
10. Favourite Purchase: Technically not a purchase, but a gift…my puppy, my pride and joy, Bowie! He has brought me so much happiness this year, so much more than any ‘material’ thing I have bought.
So, that’s all for today! By the way, what do you think of my site’s new look?? I finally bought my domain, updated my theme and just generally tried to get my blog looking a bit more professional. I’m not totally happy yet but it’s so much closer to how I wanted it to look. Once more, Happy New Year to you all and as always, thanks for reading!